Cold Weather is on the Way!
December 21, 2022
A few items to add to your freezing weather checklist:
- Locate & learn how to operate your water shut off
- Keep cold air out
- Insulate pipes & hoses where exposed to cold air (porches, garage, barns, etc.)
- If a freeze is coming, insulate your meter box with old blankets, towels, etc.
- Turn off outside faucets, turn off & drain sprinkler systems
- If you plan to be away during a possible freeze, turn off your water meter & set your thermostat at a minimum of 65 degrees
- Leave faucets dripping only if you suspect pipes may freeze - If possible, capture the water for future use
- If you experience a power outage for 24 hours or more, stop dripping faucets & turn off your water at the meter box