Spring is Here!
March 17, 2022
A few meter care items you may want to add to your Spring Cleaning checklist:
- Remove any insulting materials you may have placed in your meter box during the winter.
- Trim bushes, trees and grass that block access or cover the meter.
- Minimize planting in the area where operators must travel to access the meter.
- Do not bury or mulch, gravel, or pave over your meter.
- Carefully inspect meter box and surrounding area for bee and wasp nests.
- Keep pets away from meter and the path that leads to your meter.
- Remove any objects (like lawn ornaments, flower boxes, decorative rocks, garbage cans, vehicles, equipment, etc.) that cover or block access to the meter.
- Ensure that meters are not blocked by locked gates or fencing. If you have a locked gate, please contact our office.
- Make sure your home’s address is clearly displayed on your residence.